The Programme Committees are appointed annually from Association Members who are interested in contributing to the European Transport Conference.
Their main task is to select papers for the conference, ensuring that they meet the high professional standards for which the Conference is known. In order to provide a continuous flow of fresh ideas, committee members can only be appointed for a maximum continuous period of three years.
The current Programme Committees are:
- Pan-European Transport Policy
- Planning for Sustainable Transport and Land Use
- Transport Models
- Freight and Logistics
- Intelligent Mobility - Management and Operation
- Local Public Transport
- Rail Policy and Planning
- Sustainable Transport and Climate Change
- Transport Economics, Finance and Appraisal
- Young Researchers' and Practitioners' Forum
At present, committee members meet their own costs in attending committee meetings and the European Transport Conference. A contribution will be made towards travel costs associated with attending committee meetings as soon as the Association's finances permit.